What is Fast Fashion?
6 Reason Why It Should Be Avoided
· More demand means more pollution from factories in countries with little to no emission standards
· About 1,200 factory workers in Bangladesh were killed last year due to poor factory maintenance
· Factory workers are affected from harsh chemicals used in dyes
· Shortening deadlines for factory workers, increasing their hours to 13-14 hours per day without a break
· Synthetic products do not decompose in landfills
The best way to put an end to these horrible conditions is to reduce our consumption, especially of fast fashion clothing. If for some reason you still find yourself browser through one of these stores, check the tag. It is always safest to with items made in the U.S. or a European country. H&M, Gap, Zara, and a few other companies have made some initiative towards becoming more sustainable and ethical companies. Check the tags to be sure you are purchasing one of the sustainable and ethical options.